Google Analytics

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

The Host
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been  invaded by a
species that take over the minds of their human hosts while  leaving
their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed.
     
Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's
body, knew  about the challenges of living inside a human: the
overwhelming emotions, the  too vivid memories. But there was one
difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the  former tenant of her body
refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.
________________________________________________________________
Amy's review:
Once again I did not read the preview about this book or google it to see what it was about.  I read it after I read the "Twilight" Series.  I'll write a seperate review on the "Twilight" series.
The first 100 pages of this book were hard for me.  I am not good with science fiction.  My husband is but I am not. I don't do Aliens or scary movies or anything that is related to that.  Once I got through the first 100 pages of this book my curiosity got the best of me.  I wanted to see what would happen plus I am a sucker for a good love story!  In the beginning of the book I struggled with the concept with two beings occupying the same body.  I couldn't wrap my brain around that concept.  It was too far out there.  I am not entirely sure why I perserved with this book other than I did and I am glad I did because I loved it and it was something totally out of my box.  If I would have read the inside jacket on this book, I am not sure I would have taken it home and read it.  I think reading and liking the "Twilight" series helped me with this.  I would recommend this book to anyone.  I am excited to see the movie when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment